[scribus] scribus feature request

adevc f.s.silvestris at gmail.com
Sat May 9 21:10:26 CEST 2009

Hi list,

i am starting with Scribus, so i am a newbie. I could not find a way to use
styles in Scribus sensibly, so either it's seriously flawed or i am -
couldn't find a way to use styling.

Is it true that in Scribus every paragraph needs to be given a style after
f.i. importing text from an odt document? I would think that a normal user
would like to select every paragraph and apply a style to the selection in
one go.
Is it possible in Scribus to define text styles, apart from paragraph
styles? If you want to use style in a document both types are necessary but
i couldn't find a way to select them while editing texts.

I expect that it must be me, i can't find the way one is intended to use
styling. Or i would like to propose a major overhaul of styling in Scribus
to a more useable feature.

Cheers