[scribus] Math formula problem in Scribus

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 03:50:43 CEST 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:11:56 +1100
> Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au> dijo:

> I was only curious about the Latex formulas because I saw that as at
> the solution to at least one thing that I need before I can use Scribus
> for book layouts. I still need real tables, however.

Desperately over here too !

Fortunately much of my work can avoid them, but they are badly missed
for some tasks.

> And I can't wait
> to move to Scribus because trying to use a word processor as a layout
> tool is a pain. Tables, frames, pictures, all suddenly jump all over
> the place on you. <Sigh>

Agreed !  I found OOo a joke when I tried to do a 50 or so page book
with pictures, tables etc. We got there in the end, but it took man days
more to sort it.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor