[scribus] Fulfill current manual first

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 03:09:35 CEST 2009

Hedley Finger wrote:
> Craig:

>> There will be a completely new version of the manual for 1.3.5+. 1.3.5
>> is too different in too many ways. Work has begun.
>
> I pre-ordered the manual (was it really last November or December?) to
> take advantage of the special offer.  I *would* like to receive it here
> in Australia before the second edition is released.  (Thinks: perhaps I
> should ask for the 2nd edn to be sent instead?)     8^)

To be fair, Craig only said that work had begun. I doubt the task can be
completed until some while after 1.3.5+ is released as stable, and maybe
then some.

You can hardly expect the authors of the new manual, or indeed the
developers of the software, to down tools because of printing and
distribution problems that are out of their control. That really would
be the 'tail wagging the dog'.

Frustrating though these problems are, it is surely more important to
ALL users, to see the swiftest release of 1.3.5+ and its documentation,
than to have everything in the right order.

In short, in the worst case, the prompt release of a stable and
documented 1.3.5+ is FAR more important than getting a few $s worth of book.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor