[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 12, Issue 35

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Mar 21 09:44:52 CET 2009

> Hi Owen/group,
>
> I downloaded multiple files, but the only one i have kept was the
> calendar 2009 template. (i can go through my history if required).
>
> The files were from scribus stuff, i think in total i downloaded
> maybe 6 or 7, i cant remember specific ones, but they all loaded
> correctly to the best of my knowledge (from the screen preview).
>
> just to re-iterate, i click open, locate the files, downgraded the
> version selector to 1.3.3.0>1.3.3.7 (yes it says seven not 12) and
> select file (compressed or non) and the box closes, and it just goes
> back to the scribus working area.
>
> All the files worked ok when dragged into scribus, with instant
> re-load the files as per normal. When dragged into, it came up with
> the normal select font, and this file will not open in a previous
> version of scribus (which i expected as reading emails etc) if saved
> etc. I tried loading the compressed GZ file (i didnt know scribus
> could do that untill looking in the open file box), and the raw
> uncompressd file etc..
>
> but i was more concerned about the fact that it couldnt even open a
> file that it created its self? again i did the normal open, but not
> alter the version etc. I have never actually saved any work, and gone
> to re-load since trying the SVN, as so far ive not found a project
> that i was able to give to scribus soley (with my working knowledge
> etc), but the calendar would have been the first for a local group
> who want a simple calendar etc...
>
> if somone wants to try and download the 'A4 open source calendar for
> 2009' from www.scribusstuff.org, it can be found on the home page at
> the moment (im assuming due to ranking).
>
> After emailing, i check for latest SVN from sourceforge, and got the
> one that was 2 days after my current version, but again no loading up
> would work correctly, or should i say normally.
>
> Anything else, please ask :)

OK,

I downloaded that and opened in 1.3.3.13svn

It is a bit tricky but first of all open the layers dialog
Unlock everything
Select Calendar text and select January

OK so far?

Now save it somewhere, give it a new name, test.sla

You should be able to reopen without any problems

Doing it in 1.3.5 has some problem with the flubber font but I amnot
going to chase this up

If you go to edit->styles, you will be able to change the styles for
various elements

Owen