[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 12, Issue 35

Phil Ward skeggy78 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 21 08:56:44 CET 2009

Hi Owen/group,

I downloaded multiple files, but the only one i have kept was the
calendar 2009 template. (i can go through my history if required).

The files were from scribus stuff, i think in total i downloaded
maybe 6 or 7, i cant remember specific ones, but they all loaded
correctly to the best of my knowledge (from the screen preview).

just to re-iterate, i click open, locate the files, downgraded the
version selector to 1.3.3.0>1.3.3.7 (yes it says seven not 12) and
select file (compressed or non) and the box closes, and it just goes
back to the scribus working area.

All the files worked ok when dragged into scribus, with instant
re-load the files as per normal. When dragged into, it came up with
the normal select font, and this file will not open in a previous
version of scribus (which i expected as reading emails etc) if saved
etc. I tried loading the compressed GZ file (i didnt know scribus
could do that untill looking in the open file box), and the raw
uncompressd file etc..

but i was more concerned about the fact that it couldnt even open a
file that it created its self? again i did the normal open, but not
alter the version etc. I have never actually saved any work, and gone
to re-load since trying the SVN, as so far ive not found a project
that i was able to give to scribus soley (with my working knowledge
etc), but the calendar would have been the first for a local group
who want a simple calendar etc...

if somone wants to try and download the 'A4 open source calendar for
2009' from www.scribusstuff.org, it can be found on the home page at
the moment (im assuming due to ranking).

After emailing, i check for latest SVN from sourceforge, and got the
one that was 2 days after my current version, but again no loading up
would work correctly, or should i say normally.

Anything else, please ask :)

Phil