[scribus] When is a new release for Windows coming out?

Phil Ward skeggy78 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 5 22:40:36 CET 2009

Hi Judy
when i said coreldraw 11 works well, it also installed easily with wine.
Coreldraw 12/X3 and so forth, from what i understand use a higher/
newer installer?
I believe that the installer needs some IE files, that are in IE ver
7, i could be completly wrong, but i remember somone mentioning to
stay away from the new MSI installers if possible, as the specs were
changed etc.

i have been looking under the winehq site for updates, and have been
following the progress with some anticipation of the corel suite,
after photoshop CS2 has been made to run (or from reading reviews on
site) has now become quite stable etc?

I did a quick bit of testing last night, and it met with limited
success when exporting from Corel 11 OSX to Scribus 1.3.5 SVN with GS
8.57 installed(EPS, AI, PDF were all tried with most default setting
enabled). Inkscape also was very hesitant, and i forgot i did actully
manage to install Uniconveter 1.1.2 from the SK1 team, tried to load
up a fairly simple docment, and it crashed inkscape. I originally
only stated what i had said, as somone mentioned about dumping
windows all together, as you know is not an option.

Just out of curiosity, Wasnt version 9 of coreldraw the officially
released one as well for linux, when corel had was it mandriva? or
mandrake? but after all what was released to press? it was just a
wine hack etc?

cheers phil