[scribus] When is a new release for Windows coming out?

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 01:04:34 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Steven Dayton <daytonmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey some of this stuff is going over my head. I use a Mac Intel machine at
> work and have several Windows XP virtual machine I use with VMWare. My home
> machine however is a different animal. It is a Dell machine running Vista.
> There have been some comments here about running virtual machines with no
> mention on which operating system. The only one I know that can run
> different OSs is a Mac. Can I do the same on a Window machine and just boot
> up one or the other? This is new stuff to me so I'm in discovery mode.

Mac: Parralels, VMWare
Windows: VMWare, VirtualBox
Linux: VMWare, VirtualBox

All do the same thing. Let you run another OS in a little virtual
computer. If you run the thing in "fullscreen" mode, you often can't
tell that the OS is not running natively.

IMO, since Apple moved to Intel x86 platform, it has become the
"killer" platform. You can run any x86 OS (with some caveats) on Apple
hardware, and the Apple hardware is really about as nice as PC
hardware gets. You cannot, however, run Mac OS X on non-Apple
hardware.

For me, though, I am not a Mac fan, and am a Linux user -- I don't
have any reason to shell out the extra dough just to get Apple
hardware.

Anyway, I went off topic again, shoot, sorry. Later...

--
JDS