[scribus] OT: Short Run Printer & Distributor UK

Calum Polwart scribus at wittongilbert.free-online.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 21:44:24 CET 2009

Hi,  (Sorry for Off Topic & request of what amounts to advertising!)

For some years we've printed a short run newsletter using scribus.  200
copies every quarter, mailed to mostly UK addresses.

Printing has shifted over the years from B&W Photocopy through to colour
cover and B&W interior.  Its a 32 page A5 Booklet (8 sheets of double
sided A4 folded).  I don't do the print but I believe its just straight
forward colour laser/photocopy from our PDF/X3.

At Christmas I was suddenly unable to do the normal print run and so
typeset & printing switched to a commercial printer who i believe used a
litho print.  The paper quality was higher and they cut the edges square
and generally it was a nicer print.  I believe we could do the same
using scribus.  But we need a printer who can do it...  The difference
may be that the Christmas Print run is always about 300 copies not 200
which makes a difference when it comes to litho.

So looking for recommendations - perhaps there is a scribus friendly
printer out there?  (Oh and did I say they should be cheap too!)

And while am at it... the printer at Christmas did all the posting... if
anyone knows of someone who can do this printing & a mailing service...
I'm all ears and I guess there may be a few other scribus-ites out there
who would be too?

Ta

Calum