[scribus] Was - Copy/Paste problem with 1.3.5svn on Mandriva, 2009.1 - now Incorrect Stable versions with Distros

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Mon Jun 22 11:30:05 CEST 2009

>> > When I updated to Mandriva 2009.1 from the previous release I also
>> > got updated from Scribus 1.3.3.12 (which worked fine for me) to the
>> > 1.3.5svn (which has a couple of annoying bugs - or perhaps they are
>> > features?).
>>

> i wonder why the disributions are already taking 1.3.5svn as the current stable version...
>
> huston, we have a problem... the ghost of 1.3.4 is coming back!

Hi

I know Ubuntu bashing has been fair game, in regards to how well or not
it works with Scribus (I've never actually had any specific problems
with it myself), but Ubuntu at least gets this right:-

Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) Standard - 1.3.3.13
                                  Dev          - 1.3.5RC

I think actually it may be worth seeing if the original Ubuntu/Scribus
problems are still there, as I have a feeling the spinboxes may have
been fixed for many people. At whether we like it or not, Ubuntu is
still one of the most used distributions.

(and it has the right version of Scribus too ;-) )

--
Kind regards

Julian Robbins
www.q-par.com