[scribus] Text overflow in Text Frames

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 14:42:41 CEST 2009

Marco Boeringa wrote:
> Hi Lars and JLuc,
>
> Believe me, I have worked in IT for almost 10 years as a programmer,
> and in that time period have reported probably a few dozen bugs and
> usuability issues to the developer of the software package I needed to
> do my own development in, sometimes needing to go through quite a
> battle to get my bug reports recognized (which in the end they almost
> always did). However, I must admit I am getting slightly tired of
> having to report the "all-to-obvious"...
Just because someone agrees with you doesn't mean that everyone does,
and I don't -- obvious to you isn't obvious to me. I think it is far
more important not to have a frame that looks Ok at first glance but
chops off descenders in the PDF. With a large PDF, it would be easy to
miss this, and then be seriously embarrassed when someone points it out
after publication.

Perhaps Text Overflow could just have an option to be disabled
completely, but I think this would be a mistake too.

Greg