[scribus] ANNOUNCEMENT: Scribus - The Official Manual is now available for sale!

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jan 16 01:19:05 CET 2009

D. R. Evans wrote:

>>> Yes, it was. :)
>>>
>> it would be interesting to describe what procedure steps
>> you used through scribus and other tools maybe
>> so as to get it all done.
>>

> Looking through the archives, I didn't see a response to this question.
>
> I'm thinking about using Scribus for a technical book (usually I use TeX),
> and I'd be very interested in seeing a description of how the book was
> created. In particular, the index -- that's always seemed problematic with
> Scribus (maybe it's just me who thinks that).

I was hoping Christoph could step forward at some point answer these
kinds of questions, but my sense of it, having been part of the creation
but not the layout, was that this was a rather brute force effort on
Christoph's part - just manually done. I was the initiator of the index,
which was really just a list of words, that got appended as we went.

Greg
Greg