[scribus] Help with "placed pdf"

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 12:12:29 CET 2009

AnnaMaria Hedin wrote:
> Ciao, thanks for the information!
>

>>  if you're using 1.3.3.12 (as you should...)
> I use that version, yes
>> the yellow buttons come from the fact that the pdf will included as a
>> bitmap and you should be aware that:
>> - you will lose some quality when magnifying the resulting pdf file,
>> - the finaly pdf will be bigger.
> Aha. But when will it happen that I magnify the resulting pdf?

Maybe never ?

> Can it be corrupt (the bitmapped pdf; it is a part of a text page) in
> the printing house???????

I don't see why it should be ?

>> if you're "just" printing the resulting pdf you should only take care
>> that the single pdf are embedded with enough dpi and you shouldn't
>> notice any difference on paper.
> how much is "enough dpi"??

Depends on the quality you want / need.  Probably 300 to 600 dpi ?

> The print for the music book is on paper, yes.
>
> Can you foresee any more problems with that?

Only that the exported PDF files may be very big !

It might be necessary to split the document into a number of files, but
hopefully it won't come to that.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor