[scribus] Help with "placed pdf"

AnnaMaria Hedin amth at comhem.se
Mon Jan 12 12:02:34 CET 2009

Ciao, thanks for the information!

>  if you're using 1.3.3.12 (as you should...)
I use that version, yes
> the yellow buttons come from the fact that the pdf will included as a
> bitmap and you should be aware that:
> - you will lose some quality when magnifying the resulting pdf file,
> - the finaly pdf will be bigger.
Aha. But when will it happen that I magnify the resulting pdf?
Can it be corrupt (the bitmapped pdf; it is a part of a text page) in
the printing house???????

> if you're "just" printing the resulting pdf you should only take care
> that the single pdf are embedded with enough dpi and you shouldn't
> notice any difference on paper.
how much is "enough dpi"??

The print for the music book is on paper, yes.

Can you foresee any more problems with that?

Best wishes,

AnnaMaria