[scribus] Help with "placed pdf"

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Mon Jan 12 12:35:23 CET 2009

>> Can you foresee any more problems with that?
>
> Only that the exported PDF files may be very big !

Same version, same issue - I get a monthly calendar as a Word table for
our church's monthly newsletter from someone in the "management". So I
load it into OOo, have it converted to a 600 dpi PDF file and import it
into Scribus as a picture. It's not magnified or something, just fits
into a frame and covers one page.

For printing, I let Scribus make a 600 dpi PDF file of the whole Scribus
document. This isn't too big, at least it doesn't play a significant
role whether there's a PDF file included or not.

BUT: when I print it on our copier machine, it will take a whole lotta
more time printing these pages than any other pages (even if they have
large pictures on them). To me this means that including a PDF into a
PDF from Scribus means producing very "complicated" code the RIP will
have to crunch on...

Regards

Rolf