[scribus] CMYK output, want only magenta and black colors

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jan 5 00:45:29 CET 2009

dwain wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Benedykt 'Silmethule' Jaworski <
> b.jaworski at kofeina.net> wrote:
>

>> So tell me, please, how to create CMYK pdf, that uses only colors I want
>> it to use, not the colors Scribus thinks I want... :P (or ps file, but
>> AFAIK Scribus can only exports its documents to eps graphics).
>>

> enable your color management and set your color profiles for each setting.
> your cmyk should (ideally) be that profile that your commercial printer
> uses.  under the color tab in your pdf settings set the output to printer
> and you should be good to go.

This is a common issue mentioned on the list, and as dwain has stated,
you get RGB output in the Screen/Web choice, and CMYK in the Printer
choice in the PDF Export dialog. Beyond that, there is also the effect
of various color profiles you may have specified, and you should have
color management activated.

You can create a PS file by saving to a file when printing from Scribus,
or alternatively, you could create a PDF, then save as a PostScript file
from Adobe Reader.
EPS by definition will only be a single page.

Greg