[scribus] CMYK output, want only magenta and black colors

Benjamin Dumke scribus at benjamin-dumke.de
Mon Jan 5 00:37:57 CET 2009

Benedykt 'Silmethule' Jaworski schrieb:
> The color I used for the text is 0% cyan, 100% magenta, 0% yellow, 0%
> black; I used in other place also color 0%,87%,0%,21% and 0%,59%,0%,0%.

As far as I see it (and I just tried it *successfully* with 1.3.5svn,
but I guess this should work with your 1.3.3.12 as well), if you turn
*off* color management (thereby making sure no conversion takes place)
and set Scribus to output a CMYK PDF (by choosing "Printer" in the
export dialog), the colors in the PDF will be exactly those that you
specified in Scribus. Whether or not 100% Magenta coming from your print
service looks exactly like the 100% Magenta you imagine, is another
question -- but as I understand, you have considered this already.

Anybody, correct me if I'm wrong.

> Thank you for your answers and, I hope, not beating me for
> 'unprofessionalism' ;).

Don't worry about that. This very mailing list is probably one of the
most helpful, understanding and non-flaming lists out there on the whole
internet (kudos for that to the ML, by the way).

Greetings,

Ben