[scribus] Gimp/Scribus issues

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:40:52 CET 2009

What does "hoping its the right size" mean? What are you trying to accomplish.

You can do a fair amount of cropping and image nudging in Scribus.

Also, if this document is going to print, make sure any images you use
are big enough resolution-wise. Say, general rule of thumb, like
1500px wide minimum for an image that is goint to print at around 4"
wide.  (I don't like using the term "dpi" because it is so often
misused and misunderstood)

Later...

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM,  <dylanpetrohilos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have gimp installed, im using Microsoft, which is a program i use a
> lot i restarted the program several times. So until i figure it out I
> just am editing the image in gimp and hoping its the right size. Its
> way tedious
>
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Jeffrey Silverman
> <jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is GIMP installed? I.e. can you run GIMP outside of Scribus?
>>
>> If you do not have GIMP installed then you'll have to install it.
>>
>> What OS are you using? Linux distributions made for desktop use
>> typically have GIMP preinstalled. Windows and Mac most definitely do
>> not, and you will have to install it.
>>
>> Additionally, you may be able to use an already installed image editor
>> that isn't GIMP if you put the path to that in instead of GIMP. e.g.
>> Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro (do people still use that?) or whatever.
>>
>> seeya
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM,  <dylanpetrohilos at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> so when I try to edit an image in scribus it say the gimp program is
>>> missing which I have installed
>>>
>>> how do I solve this?
>>>

>>> -D

>> --