[scribus] Several Issues - from a Novice User

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Feb 23 07:17:36 CET 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 00:06:32 -0500
Richard Hall <richardphall at comcast.net> wrote:

> 2. Sometimes, when editing a document, I can cut text from a
> Microsoft Word document and paste it directly into a Scribus text
> box. But eventually, after moving text between Scribus text boxes,
> when cutting from Word and attempting to paste to Scribus, what gets
> pasted is the last piece of text I pasted from Scribus. It is as if
> there are two cut and paste buffers in use.

Speaking without any authority, I would not copy and paste from a MS
Word document as I believe you will also copy over control and non
printable characters

I would suggest a two stage process.
 a. save the MS document as a text document, open in a text editor and
copy from that

or

 b. Copy and paste into a text editor (which should automatically
remove spurious characters.)

The only over suggestion I have is that due to the quirkyness of the
scribus editor, it maybe better to have all your text snippets as
separate files and import them into the editor

File->Load from file

or just simply "Get text" from the text box and then edit

Owen