[scribus] Several Issues - from a Novice User

Richard Hall richardphall at comcast.net
Mon Feb 23 06:06:32 CET 2009

1. When I am working on a multi-page document, use the status bar tool
to work on another page, and click on a text box; often, a rectangle
appears, drawn in dotted lines. When the rectangle does appear the box
runs off the screen and I cannot determine what the box encompasses.

2. Sometimes, when editing a document, I can cut text from a Microsoft
Word document and paste it directly into a Scribus text box. But
eventually, after moving text between Scribus text boxes, when cutting
from Word and attempting to paste to Scribus, what gets pasted is the
last piece of text I pasted from Scribus. It is as if there are two cut
and paste buffers in use.

3. Underline Text, versus Underline Words: If the text justification is
ragged right, "underline word" always appears correctly on-screen. But
if the text is justified there is more space between the words and gaps
appear in the underlining.  These gaps also appear when text is
selected. It looks like thin, non-underlines spaces were inserted
between the space after a word and  the next letter. Is this a known
effect/bug?

4. Edit | Undo does not appear to be able to undo text edits in text boxes.

I am using Scribus version 1.3.3.11-1 under Windows XP , service pack 3.