[scribus] making 11 by 17 page layout

Alison Saylor alison.saylor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 02:45:56 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Wesley Allen <wezlo at crosspointings.org> wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2009, at 3:01 AM, Alison Saylor wrote:
>
>> Thanks, yes there is but I couldn't seem to create that exact size and
>> didn't get any guiding margins in the middle of the page.  I suspect
>> I'm on the right path but somehow making one wrong choice from the
>> menu somehow.
>
> Hi Alison, it's call "tabloid."

Oh, I will check that out.

> I think you meant "letter," rather than "legal" pages (Legal are 8 1/2 x
> 14).

Yes, you are right about this, letter sized, not legal.

 Printers should be able to take a spread of letter-sized pages and
> impose them to print on tabloid paper.  At least, every printer I've worked
> with can do this.

Oh, so perhaps I take this somewhere else next time.

> What operating system are you running?  You can probably impose this
> yourself without much fuss.  I've got a couple of scripts I might be able to
> dig-up for impose+ on linux that'll do the job.

I've got Linux, Ubuntu.  What does impose mean in this circumstance?
Thanks for the offer to help!