[scribus] How long to ship manual from FLES?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Feb 1 18:24:41 CET 2009

Craig Bradney wrote:
> I think you should slow down and wait a little until FLES and
> Christoph and Greg sort it out...

Yes, I fully agree.
The business arrangement is something like this:

Scribus authors => Flesbooks => LSI

where Flesbooks is our intermediary, who dealt with ISBN issues, and
other aspects of the business dealings with LSI.
Unfortunately, it now becomes apparent that there is some sort of split
between the UK and US divisions of LSI, and I'm not sure we fully
understand this even yet.

I have sent an email to the US counterpart, not knowing for sure if they
have anything to do with this, have any access to knowledge about it, or
if they will respond to me as a "mere" author of the book. I don't
expect any response until Monday at the earliest, but will post to the
list when I hear back.

In retrospect, I regret that we rather naively raised people's
expectations of quick deliveries of the book at the end of what had been
a much longer writing and editing of the book itself.

Greg