[scribus] Help with latest version install directions

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:57:05 CEST 2009

I am trying to install the latest version of 1.3.5 and am trying to follow
the instruction on the "How to install Scribus on Debian or Ubuntu GNU/Linux
Distributions" web page.

http://www.scribus.net/?q=debian

I was following the "II. Step-by-step instructions for the patient and new
users" section and got as far as step 2 with much trouble. However the
illustrations  that are show don't match up with anything in the Synaptic
Package Manager in Ubuntu 9.04. When I select Settings > Repositories I
don't get a Repositories window but instead I get a Software Sources window.
There is not New button to click to continue with the instructions.

I don't know what else to do. Could some help me out with anything so I can
get the latest release. I just want to try it out and see if some of the
things got fixed. I have the stable release on Windows machine.

StevenD