[scribus] Linux Distro 4 Scribus + 1.7GHz Celeron 256MB RAM

William F. Maddock billsey at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 30 21:35:13 CEST 2009

Asif,

The biggest hit to your performance is going to be the wait while the system accesses the swap file so much (which could also shorten the life of the hard drive, by the way) because of having so little RAM. Get your hands on as much RAM as you can, and drop that RAM in the machine. You will be STUNNED by the increase in performance (and your hard drive will last longer, to boot).