[scribus] Moving to Linux

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sun Aug 30 04:32:33 CEST 2009

Am Samstag, 29. August 2009 22:22:12 schrieb Steven Dayton:
> >>Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> >>
> >>Hence the recommendations of the team: Debian, Fedora or OpenSUSE. Other
> >>options are Mandriva or PC Linux OS (both very user-friendly).
>
> Is the recommendation in that order?

No, it's the alphabetical order ;)

> Maybe not but I thought I would ask. I
> know everyone has their favorite. I have tried for the past week to down
> either the Live version of OpenSUSE or the DVD version and have not been
> able to. I did finally get the Live version of onto a disc but when I tried
> to boot up from said disc it got about half way through then threw up a
> screen that was filled with a pattern of some sort and hung up on me. The
> DVD version on my computer here at home wants to take almost a whole day.
> And now my Ubuntu machine is acting up. :-(

Hmm, why don't you order a Debian, Fedora or OpenSUSE DVD somewhere? There are
some vendors who sell those for a few bucks (e.g http://on-disk.com/).
OpenSUSE and Mandriva are also available as boxed versions with a manual and
commercial support from Novell/Mandriva.

> How does Scribus on some of these other systems work compared to Ubuntu?

It just works (except for Scribus's own bugs, of course) ;)

HTH

Christoph