[scribus] Moving to Linux

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 24 17:07:15 CEST 2009

On Sunday 23 August 2009 23:11:47 StevenD wrote:
> Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> > There's no reason to discuss this privately, as it's everything
> > but OT. I also don't think that we need to discuss the issue over
> > and over again. We have described the shortcomings of and the
> > issues with anything *buntu-related many times here.
> >
> > In short, Ubuntu is superb for Grandma/Grandpa and other
> > potentially less computer-savvy people who just want to browse
> > the web, write an email or print out a letter.

Careful with the stereotyping old buddy. This grandpa (25
grandchildren) will celebrate anno numero 77 tomorrow.

Being old means my direct computer experience goes back to 1968, and
my Linux experience goes back to Slackware on floppy images in the
1990s. But I am still learning of course.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters