[scribus] Moving to Linux

Thomas Zastrow listen at thomas-zastrow.de
Sun Aug 30 16:55:41 CEST 2009

Arnold Melm schrieb:

> I work on openSUSE 11.1 with the experimental KDE 4.3 from the factory-repo
> and everything works fine. I use the newest version of scribus (Mr.Docs-repo).

I'm working with the same setup (OpenSuse 11.1 with KDE 4.3 factory).
The system runs very fine, for me it is the best Linux distribution with
KDE 4.x at the moment.

But, the Scribus version from mrdocs repository are a little bit ...
strange ... at the moment, but I normally compile my own versions of
Scribus, Gimp and Inkscape (take a look at the new filters in Inkscape
... wow),  so I can live without a precompiled version :-)

>From time to time, I try out other distributions, but normally after two
weeks I'm back with OpenSuse. Just because thats the system I know best
(working with Suse since ... 10 years or so). In my oppinion, I would
always prefer Mandriva about Ubuntu, but perhaps this has something to
do with my antipathy against Debian based distributions ... :-)

Best,

Tom