[scribus] Linux Distro 4 Scribus + 1.7GHz Celeron 256MB RAM

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 01:57:17 CEST 2009

Hi list users,

I have a system with 1.7GHz Celeron processor and 256MB RAM. Most
current distros are too heavy. Can you recommend any distro that is
light and fast and that can be used to run Scribus, Gimp, Inkscape,
Blender, etc? I have been browsing for a light Linux distro and
http://www.elivecd.org/ seems fast and light enough to me. But I know
Scribus' requirement of QT. I would be thankful if you could suggest
such a distribution to me (and possibly others?) on this list.

My main requirements are Scribus, Gimp, Inkscape, C/C++ development,
Internet browsing, emailing, downloading, etc. I am not very keen on
watching movies and listening to audio/music/songs. So my requirements
are really simple.

Best regards,

-Asif