[scribus] Native OS X 1.3.5.1 Tries to Connect to a Server

Craig cbradney at zip.com.au
Fri Aug 14 07:51:39 CEST 2009

John Morris wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>   I would be willing to try that if it worked out of the box. However,
> there is clearly more required than just downloading and installing
> Wireshark and I don't have time to figure it out right now.
>   I do have to eat my words just a bit. I have discovered that the
> "server" that Scribus is trying to connect to is the other computer on
> our network. Clearly, there must be some preference that has gotten set
> to make it do so, but I do not see where it is in the Preferences dialog.
>
> Sorry,
> John
>
>> This may be more involved than what you want, but you could run
>> Wireshark while reproducing the error and then examine the packets to
>> see what connections are being made/attempted. It would probably be wise
>> to shutdown all other network-using programs while doing this to limit
>> the amount of packets to sort through.

It is not Scribus doing this.. it must be your drive setup and Finder
trying to find the other machine for file open operations based on
another machines usage. Still, I have never seen that here with 2 macs
running (and this is where the dmg was built) and multiple linux nfs and
samba servers.

Craig