[scribus] Native Mac OS X version does not show the document window

Matthias Schmitt freak002 at mmp.lu
Thu Aug 13 11:37:43 CEST 2009

Hello again,

> It seems to be, that the preferences can get in an inconsistent
> state, which causes the document window to refuse opening.

I think I can reproduce the problem now. The problem occurs when using
two monitors. The preferences seem to store the last window position
of the document window. Once you restart Scribus your document window
appears where it was when the program was quitted.

This works fine as far as my document window stays on the main
monitor. Then I move the document window a few pixel out of the main
monitor and quit the program. My second monitor is located left side
of the main monitor and is larger than my primary MacBook monitor.
Then I restart the program and the document window does not appear on
the second monitor, but on the main monitor a few pixel located to the
right. Now I repeat this cycle of window positioning and program stop
and start. The more I move the document window to the left on the
second monitor, the more it is positioned to the right on the main
monitor after restart. As my second monitor is much wider than my main
monitor, the document window vanishes from the screen after a few
cycles.

So Scribus does draw a document window. It just locates the window
outside of the visible area. The only possibility to get it back
again, as far as I have figured out, is to delete the preference files.

Best regards

Matthias Schmitt
Luxembourg