[scribus] Congratulations ...

Craig cbradney at zip.com.au
Wed Aug 12 18:30:58 CEST 2009

John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 August 2009 10:38:13 am Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM, John Culleton wrote:
>>> Tell me true: what is the latest stable release of Scribus?
>> 1.3.3.х.
>>
>> 1.3.5 will eventually grow to 1.4.0 - new official stable.
>>
> That's what I thought. Then what is this business about "releasing"
> 1.3.5.1? Is it a release candidate? Has there been a freeze on new
> features for 1.3.5?
>
> And where is the really and truly source code for 1.3.5.1? I see a
> compiled Windows version 1.3.5.1 but the source code is marked
> 1.3.5.0. I use Slackware.

John

You are thinking too hard on this.. Ale told you the details as we did
on the website.. and have repeated over and over again.

1.3.5 is closed, we will/can not add more features. You know where the
source code is for 1.3.5.. (read
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=install1)

1.3.5.1 is a minor update to 1.3.5.0 to fix 1 bug in PDF export we fixed
last night.

If you want to only use stable releases, use 1.3.3.13, then wait for
1.3.3.14, then wait for 1.4.0.

Craig