[scribus] Congratulations ...

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Aug 12 17:51:39 CEST 2009

hi,

> > 1.3.3.х.
> >
> > 1.3.5 will eventually grow to 1.4.0 - new official stable.
> >
> That's what I thought. Then what is this business about "releasing"
> 1.3.5.1? Is it a release candidate? Has there been a freeze on new
> features for 1.3.5?
>
> And where is the really and truly source code for 1.3.5.1? I see a
> compiled Windows version 1.3.5.1 but the source code is marked
> 1.3.5.0. I use Slackware.

can we make it a bit simpler for the user and stop talking about versions which don't exist yet?

1.3.3.x is the stable version
1.3.5.x is the unstable version
1.5 is the development version

just repeat this mantra and the future will look much brighter :-)

for the curious ones, 1.3.5.1, 1.3.5.2, 1.3.5.3, ... is the path which will lead to the future stable version 1.4 (which doesn't exist yet, but will be an evolution of the current 1.3.5.1).
on his side 1.5svn will lead to a 1.5 unstable version, followed by a 1.6 development or stable version (depending on how long the development process for 1.5 will take longer) and so on until the 2.0 stable release will be reached!
but, please if you didn't fully understand what i wrote in the previous 2 paragraphs, ignore them and don't ask further! just stick to the mantra:

1.3.3.x is the stable version
1.3.5.x is the unstable version
1.5 is the development version

have fun