[scribus] Scribus Limits, Present and Future

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 20:43:02 CEST 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:

>> Out of interest, in terms of the check list I suggested above, what are
>> you using ?
>
> The computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad T61. It has a Core-2 Duo 2 GHz,
> SATA-1 hard disk, nVidia Quadro 140, 4 GB RAM, and I use Jaunty x86_64.

So we should make the list

       Operating system
       Processor
       RAM
       Document number pages
       Page size
       Average number of linked text frames
       Maximum number of linked text frames
       Numbers of characters in linked text frapmes
       Which operations in Scribus are least responsive

> It is about a year and a half old. It's not cutting edge, but it's far
> from ancient.

Quite !  Very similar to mine except my Dell is 2.4 GHz.

> I wonder if the mouse issues are within Qt.

Maybe. Beyond having once tried to compile it from source I don't know
anything about Qt though so I can't speculate.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor