[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 17, Issue 14--"Gentlemen, thanks for your help"

avox avox at arcor.de
Fri Aug 7 12:29:54 CEST 2009

robert_marma wrote:

> Hi "a.l.e."
> Thanks for the useful tip and the links.  Forgive my blatant ignorance,
> but being new to DTP, I never heard of the term "imposition", which I
> assume refers to placing text or images into a document "after the fact",
> as it were.

"Imposition" is the technical term for booklet printing, just more general.
It means placing 2 or more pages on one sheet.

> Before getting into a true DTP app, I was publishing my newsletter using
> MS Word, with decent results I might add.  However, in order to achieve
> the overall appearance I wanted [especially regarding easily editable
> columns of text] I had to result to using text boxes that I manually laid
> out onto each page, which was a rather laborious and intricate procedure
> to get it right, ...

*shudder*

Have fun with Scribus!

/Andreas

PS: When you reply, please remove all quoted text that you are not refering
to, and remove the "scribus Digest, Vol 17, Issue 14" from the subject. Tnx