[scribus] Debian/Ubuntu pack

"Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)" sveinki at nett.is
Fri Aug 7 11:40:35 CEST 2009

Hi,
Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
> I vote for graphics. Page layout is traditionally the domain of
> graphic designers, and the page layout workflow may include image
> editing and drawing. All this stuff, yes, is probably done in an
> "office" but it is not the same as "office productivity" apps.
>
> Acrobat Reader is a little tougher. I'd almost put that in "Internet"
> at this point. But what's the harm in having it in multiple locations?
> That is always an option.
>
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Gregory Pittman<gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On 08/06/2009 08:01 PM, Jean Basile wrote:
>>> I don't know about the other packs, but the debs clasify Scribus in the
>>> Graphics menu. My feeling that the Office menu is more appropiate. What do
>>> you think?
>>>

>> I think it's a tough call. IIRC, Fedora has vacillated on this. currently,
>> in F 11 it's in Graphics, and labeled as "Page Layout", subtitled Scribus.
>>
>> Adobe Reader seems to move around also, currently in Office. Seems like they
>> should be together.
>>
>> Greg

Actually I'd vote against 'Office' (thus for
'Graphics-->Layout').
Ubuntu and OpenSuse once had Scribus in 'Office', and even
worse, it was in subsection 'Wordprocessing'; several users
I've been instructing in usage of linux desktops tried it
out - and got stranded right away. They got the idea that
Scribus was an OOo-alternative and had no clue what DTP meant.

Sveinn í Felli