[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 17, Issue 14--"Gentlemen, thanks for your help"

Robert Marma robert_marma at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 04:48:43 CEST 2009

Hi "a.l.e."
Thanks for the useful tip and the links.  Forgive my blatant ignorance, but being new to DTP, I never heard of the term "imposition", which I assume refers to placing text or images into a document "after the fact", as it were.  Before getting into a true DTP app, I was publishing my newsletter using MS Word, with decent results I might add.  However, in order to achieve the overall appearance I wanted [especially regarding easily editable columns of text] I had to result to using text boxes that I manually laid out onto each page, which was a rather laborious and intricate procedure to get it right, since I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to appearance.  Of course, I was using an inexpensive ink jet printer with a relatively small buffer cache to produce a low circulation newsletter for a local ministry and wasn't concerned with Post Script fonts, CMYK or PDF, and believed that MS Word was good enough.  Now, I realize that it really is
 not.
 Anyway, thanks again for your rapid and courteous response.
Bob

Hi Greg
I guess if I had just started playing with Scribus I would have discovered this feature on my own, without having bothered you first.  Thanks, both for the link and for the very informative Wiki article.  I believe it's just what I needed.  I'm really glad I decided to subscribe to this mailing list.  Perhaps one day I'll actually have something useful to share with all of you guys.
Bob