[scribus] 2 questions: master pages & text flow odd/even pages

ale.comp_06 at xox.ch ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Aug 7 07:26:44 CEST 2009

buondì,

> > I understand your point, but I thought I could have a text frame
> > already placed in the page
> > by using the master pages, then I would edit the frame and input my
> > text. Do you mean that
> > I have to create a text frame for each one of the 300 pages of the
> > book?
> I think what you're illustrating is that you need to figure out the
> most efficient order of doing things. Maybe not create 300 empty
> pages, but create a layout, then copy pages as needed, apply Master
> Pages as needed.
>
> It can be done in any order you want, but there is no sense in
> creating a page layout 150 or 300 times.

addendum: scribus won't be able to manage a text flow of 150 to 300
pages!

you should break you document in several files of about 50 pages.

you should also create text flows which are just a few
pages (about 10?) long.

if this is not possible for you, there are good chances that:

- scribus is not the right tool for the work you are currently planning

or

- you are not planning correctly you work.

on top of it, it may also be that scribus is not mature enough for that
task.

have fun
a.l.e