[scribus] 2 questions: master pages & text flow odd/even pages

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 03:42:56 CEST 2009

Ciro Soto wrote:

> Q1:
> I am trying to layout my first full book in scribus (I only used it as
> cover design before).
> I created 100 blank pages. Then I created two master pages (following
> instructions from The Official Manual). Then I went back to the pages
> and assigned the master pages to the odd and even pages.
> They looked fine, but I cannot edit the pages! The text frames are
> unlocked, but I can't input any text in there...
> What is the step I am missing?

Not sure. Have you selected the right kind of cursor ?  Click on the
button that has a capital A and an I-beam cursor.

If you right click on the text boxes, can you select 'Edit Text' ?

> Q2:
> Assuming I resolve the first issue above. I want text to flow only in
> the odd pages, and leave the even pages for another text flow (imagine
> I am writing a bilingual book, even pages in language1 and odd pages
> in language2.  Can I do that automatically? Or do I have to do it
> manually?

You have to set up the way the text frames are linked by hand which
isn't hard. Then you should get what I think you hope for.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor