[scribus] 2 questions: master pages & text flow odd/even pages

Ciro Soto ciro at kavyata.com
Fri Aug 7 03:21:42 CEST 2009

Q1:
I am trying to layout my first full book in scribus (I only used it as
cover design before).
I created 100 blank pages. Then I created two master pages (following
instructions from The Official Manual). Then I went back to the pages
and assigned the master pages to the odd and even pages.
They looked fine, but I cannot edit the pages! The text frames are
unlocked, but I can't input any text in there...
What is the step I am missing?

Q2:
Assuming I resolve the first issue above. I want text to flow only in
the odd pages, and leave the even pages for another text flow (imagine
I am writing a bilingual book, even pages in language1 and odd pages
in language2.  Can I do that automatically? Or do I have to do it
manually?

thank you
Ciro

-- Links of your interest: