[scribus] sheet pagination with Scribus

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Aug 7 22:24:36 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 09:09:50 pm Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 08/06/2009 08:55 PM, Robert Marma wrote:
> > Mr. Pittman [or whoever can help me]:
> > I am sorry about the confusion.  As I indicated, I'm a
> > "newbie", not just to Scribus, but to DTP in general.  By
> > "pagination" I AM referring to page numbering--in this case,
> > the correct page order for a double-side printed newsletter
> > that has two pages per sheet side, thereby producing four pages
> > per sheet of legal size paper after folding in the center.  The
> > BASIC utility that I created writes the correct page numbering
> > order into an ASCII data file that I can read when I am ready
> > to collate and bind, but I was hoping to avoid this step by
> > directly employing a similar utility within Scribus, if such a
> > feature exists.  If it does not, perhaps you know of a short
> > VBScript file that I can use to add such a feature.

Psutils already provides the necessary tools for imposition. I gave
an example before.

Part of the abience of Open Source is that you avoid the boy scout
knife approach of one tool to do everything.  I don't expect
Scribus to do imposition, and it already does page numbering.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95