[scribus] TOC instructions don't work on 1.3.5svn

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Apr 12 05:03:10 CEST 2009

> Scribus 1.3.5svn April 3 version on Ubuntu Intrepid x86_64.
>
> The instructions at:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_a_Table_of_Contents
>
> Don't work for me. I can't get past the first requirement, that is,
> giving it an Item Attribute Name. The drop-down button doesn't drop
> down or do anything at all.
>
> The Extras > Generate TOC fails to generate the TOC. I assume it is
> because I was unable to specify an Item Attribute Name.
>
> I don't know if this is a bug in 1.3.5svn or if the wiki needs
> updating. I couldn't find a bug report related to this. Can someone
> please verify and/or explain what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Well what's on the wiki applies to 1.3.12, but don't worry about that

Did you go to Document Setup->Document Item attributes
press the Add button and enter, for example, TOC, set the type
(string?) and give a value

then go to Table of Content and indexes and then TOC should appear in
your drop down box

--

Owen