[scribus] Text wrap problem

Mike Morris twriterext at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:57:22 CEST 2008

I am using Scribus 1.3.3.11 for Windows on a Windows XP/Pro SP3 computer
with a 1.5 GHz Pentium M processor and 2 GB of RAM.

I am having troubles with the Scribus text wrap.  I found the mailing list
response of August 26th 2008 on this topic.  I think I am following the
instructions:

Add text frame.  Import text.

Add image frame.  Import image (.bmp file)

With image selected:

Click on Shape in Properties box.
Click on Edit Shape:
Click on Edit Contour Line
Enter a number (e.g., 0.25) into the "Enlarge the Size of the Path by the
shown value" field
Click on the "Enlarge the Size of the Path by the shown value" button
The contour line changes to the value entered.
Click on End Editing
In the Properties/Shape box:
Click on Text Flows Around Frame
Click on Use Contour Line (Use Bounding Box doesn't work).
Text wrap occurs.  Top and bottom look OK.  However, wrap on the left looks
as expected, but wrap on the right looks force justified.  The overall
result is unbalanced.  I have experimented somewhat with different values
for the path size value, but the results are the same, no matter what value
I enter.

Using the Shape/Text Flows Around Frame/Use Bounding Box will create text
wrap (without editing the contour line).  But the same problem
occurs--unbalanced wrap.

Have I missed something?