[scribus] Text wrap problem

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Sep 22 20:30:40 CEST 2008

Mike Morris wrote:
> I am using Scribus 1.3.3.11 for Windows on a Windows XP/Pro SP3 computer
> with a 1.5 GHz Pentium M processor and 2 GB of RAM.
>
> I am having troubles with the Scribus text wrap.  I found the mailing list
> response of August 26th 2008 on this topic.  I think I am following the
> instructions:
>
> Add text frame.  Import text.
>
> Add image frame.  Import image (.bmp file)
>
> With image selected:
>
> Click on Shape in Properties box.
> Click on Edit Shape:
> Click on Edit Contour Line
> Enter a number (e.g., 0.25) into the "Enlarge the Size of the Path by the
> shown value" field
> Click on the "Enlarge the Size of the Path by the shown value" button
> The contour line changes to the value entered.
> Click on End Editing
> In the Properties/Shape box:
> Click on Text Flows Around Frame
> Click on Use Contour Line (Use Bounding Box doesn't work).
> Text wrap occurs.  Top and bottom look OK.  However, wrap on the left looks
> as expected, but wrap on the right looks force justified.  The overall
> result is unbalanced.  I have experimented somewhat with different values
> for the path size value, but the results are the same, no matter what value
> I enter.
>
> Using the Shape/Text Flows Around Frame/Use Bounding Box will create text
> wrap (without editing the contour line).  But the same problem
> occurs--unbalanced wrap.
>
> Have I missed something?

You may have to give us a better sense of what it is that you want to
happen. If you have an image frame completely embedded in a text frame,
for left justification you will justify to the left border of the text
frame and then left justify to the right border of the contour line. I
don't know of any other scheme that makes sense.

There are more complicated possiblities, but they would I think involve
multiple linked text frames, with varying justification.

Greg

Greg