[scribus] Smaller file sizes?

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Thu Sep 11 19:52:07 CEST 2008

I have to ask this;

How can I produce a reasonable looking 2 page (A4) PDF file that is less than 1 Mb?
I ask this because I receive a couple of PDF's via email per month that are similar in content as
the ones that I produce (a top full width logo; two column text with 4 or 5 jpg's) but their's
are around the 500 KB mark whilst mine are 1.3 Mb! Their's are produced using 'easyPDF SDK 4.3'
and 'InDesign CS 3.0.1'.

I have done everything in the export to PDF to get the file size down (resample to 72 DPI etc).
How do the competition manage such small file sizes?

Blessings,

Nigel