[scribus] Font spacing

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Thu Sep 11 10:02:27 CEST 2008

> Using Scribus 1.3.5
> Have problem with the <F2> <Properties> <Text> <Advanced Settings> - font
width
> and AV. Font spacing
> These can be altered using the dialog but the changes are lost after
saving the
> text.
>
> To clarify:
> I have several text boxes in which I have adjusted AV and font width to
fit more
> words to a line when text is fully justified however on reselecting the
text box
>   and displaying <Text><Advanced Settings> T height and AV are set to
0.00... T
> width and T height-below-zero are set to 100%.
> The text box shows correct display as saved but the setting fields are on
default.

> Further, If I change even one setting the whole text box returns to
default
> settings so I have to re set everything..
> Would it be possible to retain and display changes as happened in earlier
> Scribus versions and permit one change without it affecting all other
fields.

hi,

You haven't specified what date of SVN you are using, but in another email
you ask if you need to keep up to date.

I doubt this has changed, but still, you should use the latest one if you
are testing things. Please either check out my related bug (7365) or submit
your own based on the above.

thanks
Craig