[scribus] drop-down menus hidden by properties dialog

Allen McBride allencmcbride at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 16:06:39 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

I installed Scribus on my Mac (Intel, OS 10.5) using MacPorts, which
gave me version 1.3.3.11.  It mostly works great, but when I try to
change any option in the Properties dialog that requires a drop-down
menu (or any kind of sub-menu or sub-dialog; I don't really know the
proper terms), these menus are drawn behind the Properties dialog
window, so I can only see bits on the edges.  Same with tooltips.  I
couldn't find anything about this in the documentation; can anyone
suggest a way to get around it?

Also, I'm curious to try version 1.3.5svn... is there anything special
I have to do to have both that and 1.3.3.11 installed at the same time?

Thanks for any help!
--Allen