[scribus] pdf import

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Wed Sep 3 12:11:32 CEST 2008

Hi Christian,

on my system, Scribus is complaining every time, but on the print-out
you can see that it runs flawlessly. The 72 dpi is for display only, at
least as far as I know. A long time ago, I had to make sure that the
output resolution of Scribus' pdf would match that of the imported ones,
but I couldn't say if it's still relevant as they match here anyway. I
need to make pdfs of tables from Word - I convert them into pdfs in
OpenOffice and have it on 600 dpi - then import them as you did.

The only thing I do see is that it takes a lot of time to print those
pages with imported pdfs on them. I guess it's got something to do with
the way Scribus translates them into PS for printing or making pdfs,
respectively.

Maybe it helps if you just have Scribus make a pdf and watch it in KPDF
or Adobe or something on a large scale to be sure it is printed correctly.

Grüße

Rolf