[scribus] pdf import

Christian Schulz chschulz at dfki.de
Wed Sep 3 12:34:33 CEST 2008

Am 03.09.2008 um 12:11 schrieb Rolf-Werner Eilert:

> Hi Christian,
>
> on my system, Scribus is complaining every time, but on the print-
> out you can see that it runs flawlessly. The 72 dpi is for display
> only, at least as far as I know. A long time ago, I had to make sure
> that the output resolution of Scribus' pdf would match that of the
> imported ones, but I couldn't say if it's still relevant as they
> match here anyway. I need to make pdfs of tables from Word - I
> convert them into pdfs in OpenOffice and have it on 600 dpi - then
> import them as you did.

What scribus tells you in your case? Does scribus shows in the file
loader that  the imported pdf file (create an image frame and right-
click on it, select "get image", and load a pdf)  has 600 dpi?

> The only thing I do see is that it takes a lot of time to print
> those pages with imported pdfs on them. I guess it's got something
> to do with the way Scribus translates them into PS for printing or
> making pdfs, respectively.
>
> Maybe it helps if you just have Scribus make a pdf and watch it in
> KPDF or Adobe or something on a large scale to be sure it is printed
> correctly.

I did generate a pdf file to see how it looks like. It is far better
than that what you see in the scribus editor when you enlarge them.
However still you can see that the fonts of the imported pdf are not
as sharped as when you write the text with scribus.