[scribus] Locking/unlocking frames => by the page or document, show locked frames

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Nov 13 17:55:01 CET 2008

Mike Breiding wrote:
> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> As you note, these things are not possible in the way you are trying.
>> OTOH, you can certainly bring up the layers dialog (F6), and lock
>> entire layers, and make them visible or hidden. You can continue
>> working with this dialog still available.
>
> As usual, I missed the F6/Layers dialog.
> Is each object considered a layer?
No the default will be to have one layer, named Background, and all
objects on that layer until you add more layers and select them to work
with. You can only work with one layer at a time, but the current
working layer can easily be selected from the widget at bottom mid-page.

>> As far as finding locked objects, as you should note,  the frame has
>> a different appearance when an object is locked, so visually you can
>> instantly see this.
>
> The different appearance is only when the object is selected.
> I thought it would be handy see all locked objects without having to go
> through and select each one.
This is not true. Instead of the dotted-line border, you will see a
solid border, which is a dark red, and this is whether or not it is
selected. It does get a bit tricky if you have given the border a color
-- there is still a difference, but harder to see.

Greg