[Scribus] 2 questions / hand made flattening

D. R. Evans doc.evans
Wed Mar 26 22:07:46 CET 2008

D. R. Evans said the following at 03/20/2008 08:11 AM :
> flaco said the following at 03/20/2008 03:30 AM :
>
>> Copy all content to a new page, delete text from boxes, export page as
>> picture and load this as new background picture at the original page. Now

I found a version of Scribus that exported properly to PNG, so I did this.
And I just got the book back from lulu. And it looks crummy -- almost
exactly the way that it looked when I simply submitted the Adobe 1.4 PDF
produced directly from Scribus. Going through PNG conversion and then
inputting the PNG into a Scribus frame did not improve matters (even though
it seems obvious that it should have done so).

So I conclude that, even though one can make lots of arguments as to why it
shouldn't be true, the only way to guarantee that lulu covers come out
predictably with the colours one intends is to submit PDF 1.3 files.

  Doc