[Scribus] How to make ``photo book'' easily? + some "bug-reports"

John Beardmore John
Sat Mar 15 00:46:58 CET 2008

Michal Blazejczyk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Frankly, I think this is a perfect situation to use scripting
> in Scribus.  It would be fairly easy to write a simple script
> that would go through all image files in a directory, and place
> them on one page each in a Scribus document.
> Then if you needed to relocate the images or something, you
> could whip up another even shorter script.
>
> But that's just the programmer in me talking...  :)

This sort of thing isn't an uncommon requirement.

Back in the days when I wrote market research software for money, we
wrote portable ANSI C code to generate .WMF files, then used a VBA
script to open powerpoint and get it to put one on each page.

It was all a bit messy in a microsoft sort of way, but came in pretty
handy for all sorts of things.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor